This group therapy helps individuals process their daily struggles, fears, anxieties and worries. Through feedback given to them by peers and therapists, individuals increase their own awareness about themselves, the world around them, and how they relate with others. The process, feedback and awareness are designed to help individuals identify what they need to change in their personal lives.
Some skills that individuals learn in this group are:
- Seeing things from a different perspective about the various ways each individual influences self, others and the environment
- Learning self-empowerment through making better choices and using coping skills
- Maintaining healthy relationships and boundaries with others
- Learning to resolve emotional conflict and daily struggles through feedback provided
- Increasing awareness about self, others and the ways each individual relates to others
- Maintaining safety for self and others