The Utah drug rehab Intensive Outpatient program at Turning Point Centers’ educates clients on how to maintain long-term sobriety through a comprehensive learning process about the many facets of “coping skills.” The drug and alcohol outpatient rehab program is 8 weeks long and consists of 8+ hours of educational and group therapy sessions per week along with a total of 8 one-on-one sessions!
Since virtually all addictions, chemical or otherwise, are rooted in some form of co-occurring psychological disorder, it takes time and supportive therapy to assist this growth to get through. The outpatient program is for that support base that extends out a few months or more after initial consultation.
At Turning Point Centers’ Drug Rehab Center patients will still have reference to those who are there to help. Although they are not doing a live-in therapy session they still have contact with any of our staff and are equipped with mental tools given by some of the finest Utah drug and alcohol rehab program professionals.
After proper assessment and outlining of individual therapy, a program will be created specifically fit to the client’s needs. The outpatient experience aids the recovering drug or alcohol addict with groups and individual sessions, while also giving them time to take care of life’s daily tasks and duties − as well as giving them time to simply enjoy their journey substance free.
Upon every visit to Turning Point Centers Drug Rehab Center, each client will receive an in-depth interview and assessment to determine the client’s needs and to help develop their individual treatment plan.
IOP SCHEDULE: 8 week minimum requirement
- Monday 6 PM to 9 PM- group therapy
- Tuesday 6 PM to 9 PM- group therapy
- The first and third Tuesdays of the month are Family Night 6 PM – 7:30 PM with IOP continuing until 9PM for clients on those nights
- Thursdays 6 PM to 9 PM- group therapy
- Individual sessions weekly as scheduled with Therapist
- Wednesdays 6 PM to 9PM- Aftercare Alumni group for any Turning Point Alumni (that has been substance free for at least 7 days)
INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT INCLUDES:
- Drug and Alcohol Relapse Prevention
- Life Skills
- How to Recognize, Confront and Handle Triggers
- Health and Nutritional Study
- Family and Relationship Education
- Continuing Care
- Anger Management/Domestic Violence
- Relaxation and Meditation Skills
- Phases of Recovery
- Deactivation of Cravings
- Dangerous Situations
- Having Good Times without Substances
- Thought Distortions
- Coping with Pain and Prescription Medications
- Preparing for Stressful Situations
- Assessing your Social Life
- Stress Management/Distress Tolerance Skills
- Neurobiological aspects of the Brain and Addiction
- Looking Ahead: Plans, Goals, and Dreams
- Issues of the Recovering Family
- Anger Management
- Anxiety/Social Anxiety
- Self-Esteem and Acceptance
- Diet and Nutrition
- Grief and Loss
- …and so much more!