Turning Point Centers Center Highlights
- Non 12-Step approach emphasizes strong Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Turning Point Centers has been awarded the Gold Seal of Accreditation by the highest governing body in the behavioral healthcare field
- Small group setting, 24 beds, 4 of which are private
- 36 Day Treatment spots available and only 16 spots for our intensive outpatient program
- 2 to 3 one-on-ones PER week + case management
- One physician consultation PER week with medical director
- Licensed for mental health/substance abuse for inpatient, day treatment, intensive outpatient and general outpatient
- Weekly Family Therapy Night
- Two family therapy sessions PER month
- Chef prepared daily home cooked meals
- Onsite gym and racquetball/basketball court at the Bell Canyon location
- Art, drumming, and ropes course therapy
- Membership with NAADAC, SLC Chamber of Commerce, and the Sandy Chamber of Commerce
- Recognized as an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau
- CLIA-certified drug testing
- Licensed Vivitrol injection provider
- Free lifetime aftercare
- Our backyard is over 640 acres of canyon land with a pond, outdoor ampitheater, and plenty of trails for hiking
Details about our Center
- Turning Point Centers is a Drug Rehab and Dual Diagnosis Utah treatment center with 3 facilities. Our Bell Canyon facility hosts 16 clients. Our Mountain View facility hosts 8 residential clients. Our new facility in Sandy hosts up to 36 day treatment clients and 16 outpatient clients. This small group setting allows for greater personal attention to each client! Some people do very well in large group settings. If you or your loved one has a strong personality and doesn’t mind interacting with others the size of his/her groups shouldn’t matter. If your loved one is someone who tends to isolate or shy away from communicating in large group settings you’re going to want to look into smaller facilities like Turning Point Centers.
- Each client receives 2 to 3 one-on-ones per week, 2 with their master level therapist and 1 consultation with our staff physician and the clinical director! This is not common in the industry. Most facilities do 1 one-on-one per week. Our one-on-one sessions are therapy…not case management. This means each session will incorporate true therapy regarding both substance abuse and the mental health issues attached to the addiction. These sessions are a minimum of 45 minutes each and can usually go over an hour.
- We concentrate on cognitive behavioral and dual diagnosis therapy. Our emphasis is in both substance abuse and mental health recovery! We are a non 12 step based rehab center. It’s not that we are “anti-12 steps,” it’s just that we want to solely concentrate on what’s going on in the mind. The last week of a client’s stay is “relapse prevention.” During that week we actually introduce the clients to the 12-step community so they can understand how it works and see if it will help them in their sobriety. If a client wants to start the 12-step process they certainly can during their one-on-one sessions. All of our therapists understand the process. For greater details on both CBT and Dual (or Multi) Diagnosis therapy please read our detailed descriptions.
- We do Art, Drumming and Ropes Course therapy and go to the gym 4 days per week. Exercise is key for the body to heal. The different recreational and educational activities solidify each client’s journey back to wholeness!
- Our clients work together with their therapist and their family in a private family session every-other-week! Many times the family doesn’t understand the “whys” of addiction and has many questions. Addiction and alcoholism are family diseases and once everyone can interact and learn together their specific roles in the recovery process it gives the client a better chance at sobriety. Every Thursday night is our Family Therapy Group from 7:00 to 9:00. This is lead by one of our therapists who’s strengths are in family counseling.
- We are members of the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce and are listed as an Accredited Business through the Better Business Bureau.
97% of our clients successfully complete our program. This number is high because of our passion for the industry, each client and their family, the one-on-one attention, our small group setting and our well-rounded program. Clients become a family of Turning Point Centers and never feel like a “number.” They leave the program knowing they can call anytime with any questions/concerns and that we are always going to be here for them as a support system. Our aftercare is free for a lifetime!
Researching Drug Rehab Centers
Please do your homework when searching for a facility. This is a very important time and this disease should not be taken lightly. Thus, we recommend you look into at least 3 or 4 centers and narrow it down to a couple that feel right. Once you’ve narrowed it down to a couple of centers…go and tour them, meet with the therapist and/or Clinical Director and look at the group schedule. This will help you better understand the program and the staff that will be involved during the healing process. If you do your homework you will KNOW without a doubt what facility is best for you and/or your loved one. Our clients have done their homework and always come here knowing Turning Point Centers is the best center for them to work on the tools to gain their sobriety.
For admissions questions, please contact an admissions director at 801-576-0745 or fill out our contact form here.