The Utah drug rehab Intensive Outpatient program at Turning Point Centers educates clients on how to maintain long-term sobriety through a comprehensive learning process about the many facets of “coping skills.” The drug and alcohol rehab program is 8 weeks long and consists of 8+ hours of educational and group therapy sessions per week along with a total of 8 one-on-one sessions!
Since virtually all addictions, chemical or otherwise, are rooted in some form of co-occurring psychological disorder, it takes time and supportive therapy to assist this growth to get through. The outpatient program is for that support base that extends out a few months or more after initial consultation.
At Turning Point Centers Drug Rehab Center patients will still have reference to those who are there to help. Although they are not doing a live-in therapy session they still have contact with any of our staff and are equipped with mental tools given by some of the finest Utah drug and alcohol rehab program professionals.
After proper assessment and outlining of individual therapy, a program will be created specifically fit to the client’s needs. The outpatient experience is good so that it provides sessions to aid the recovering drug or alcohol addict while also giving them time to take care of life’s daily tasks and duties − as well as have time to simply enjoy the journey substance free.
Upon every visit to Turning Point Centers Drug Rehab Center, each client will receive an in-depth interview and assessment to determine the client’s needs and to help develop their individual treatment plan.
- Our program is a minimum of 8 weeks. IOP is held Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings, with Tuesday evening being family group session. Groups are held each of these nights from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. with a 20-minute break in between. Each individual will be assigned a therapist and is eligible to receive one individual session per week.
- Monday 6 PM to 9 PM
- Tuesday 6 PM to 9 PM – first and third Tuesdays are Family Night 6 PM – 7:30 PM – IOP continues until nine for clients on those nights
- Thursdays 6 PM to 9 PM
- Wednesdays 6 PM is Aftercare for any Turning Point Alumni (and has been substance free for 7 days)
INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT INCLUDES:
- Drug and Alcohol Relapse Prevention
- Life Skills
- How to Recognize, Confront and Handle Triggers
- Health and Nutritional Study
- Family and Relationship Education
- Continuing Care
- Anger Management/Domestic Violence
- Relaxation and Meditation Skills
- Phases of Recovery
- Deactivation of Cravings
- Dangerous Situations
- Having Good Times without SubstancesThought Distortions
- Coping with Pain and Prescription Medications
- Preparing for Stressful Situations
- Assessing your Social LifeStress Management/Distress Tolerance Skills
- Neurobiological aspects of the Brain and Addiction
- Looking Ahead: Plans, Goals, and Dreams
- Issues of the Recovering Family
- Anger Management
- Anxiety/Social Anxiety
- Self-Esteem and Acceptance
- Diet and Nutrition
- Grief and Loss
- …and so much more!